1. Always point the muzzle in a safe direction ... pointed down range.
2. Keep your finger off the trigger, and outside the trigger guard, until ready to fire; and make sure that the range is clear.
3. Keep the action open and firearm unloaded until ready to use. This means either in position or on a bench.
4. Know how the firearm operates.
5. Be sure the firearm and ammunition are compatible.
6. Carry only one gauge/caliber of ammunition when shooting. Sight-in one firearm at a time.
7. Do not shoot at any target laying on the ground, no bottles, no cans, no rocks, and no boxes. Ground mounted targets cause ricochets. Please use only those backers that are provided.
8. Eye and Hearing Protection are required.
9. Alcoholic beverages and illicit (illegal) drugs are prohibited.
10. Load and fire single rounds while sighting-in rifles. The only exception is tube fed semi-automatic .22 rifles. For those rifles load five (5) rounds.
11. No fully automatic or high rates of fire. This means no high capacity magazines fully loaded. NO 50 caliber or incendiary rounds may be fired at any time.
12. This is a sighting-in range and each user is instructed to follow the posted rules.
13. Post targets inside the wooden frames, on the cardboard ... do not staple targets to support posts or wood frames.
14. Pick up all brass and deposit in brass container ... not the trash cans.
The information on this page was
last updated on
Jan 28, 2013